Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Devil’s T-shirt


I had planned to use this pic as a jovial tribute to my regular commenter, “Devil’s Advocate”. I bought it yesterday while looking through a pile of T-shits that were on sale. As soon as I saw it I had the idea mentioned above as it seemed like a funny idea at the time.

However the events of the last two days seem to be synonymous with help the face on the T-shirt would give. I had planned a day out that went sour at the outset. I am loosing my car next week as she goes in for repairs for hail damage, so I was trying to see things before I get grounded. The cause of the non day out could not be helped and was understandable. But after a great day spending time with a friend, I had to brave a trip home in a storm that nearly took me off the road more than once while suffering a headache cause by an old injury.

I had to be home because my family sought the use of my box trailer today. Since I will not have the use of my car next week, they wanted me to move some rubbish from their recent kitchen renovation. However I got drafted into playing mason, as my father cannot use a grinder to save his life and was quickly running out of stone for his little project. I then retrieved my trailer from where it is stored only to find that the house was empty when I got back so no help with the rubbish removal. Since the junk comprises of an old oven and fridge, I was not going to move it on my own.

Also due to a little accident yesterday with my mobile phone, I had to re-boot the thing that made me loose all my contacts. I should have committed them to memory but can’t ring anyone to get their numbers.
So my car sits outside with the trailer still attached and the most productive thing I have done for today is write this post. So in future Mr. Devil thanks but no thanks, I will wait till God has time to take my call.

No comments: