Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2007 a Calamity of Failures



Due to recent circumstances the previous two blogs were more venting than actually commenting on child welfare. I have no experience in the field and was recently presented with a situation that drew me back to deal with matters I had long since thought were in a state of statuesque. I do not usually put personal stuff into my blogging but the Father Riley interview happened close to the time of said events and made me think, if this man is exasperated at his inability, then what chance do I have with what I was presented with.

I will not go into details but suffice to say it did involve child welfare. The result of which, saw me having to conduct myself in a way that I have not had too for such a long time. I had to revisit people and use old skills that I really do not want anymore. These skills make you live in a constant state of paranoia and show you things that you are really better off not knowing.

2007 was a destructive year for me. So this year I am breaking free again and trying to look for the harmony I found at the end of 2006. I was a person that saw positives in nearly everything then and am finding it hard to find them in the events of 2007. To its credit, it did put me in a position that saw me grow as a person, find a retreat, and gave me a long forgotten drive I once so enjoyed.

2007 was a calamity of failures and I am taking time to recognize them. 2008 has begun as a wash up year that sees me as a cleaning maid to events in 2007. As I awake form a horrible night I find that one job is done with so much more to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Destructive how?

Mr. Cellophane said...

Kate: 2007 was a year of death for me, both actually and metaphorically. I got to see how others around me saw me as a servant or whipping boy, slowly driving me into a state of depression. The value of my deeds seems to amount nothing and my words less than adequate. I lost my drive and my will and hate myself for it.