Friday, May 18, 2007

Celebrating Pointlessness

I would like to see the rule book that states that I have love football just because of my sex. To take that a step further, any ball sport. I have no fondness for them what so ever and see them as pointless. Is it because I have balls that I have to have some sympathetic tie to them? I just don’t see the point. It is not that I don’t like sport, quite the contrary; it is just that I like things that have a point to them, where some value can be derived from the effort. In the case of football, I can only see the value as training better shop lifters, where you take an item and try to dodge those trying to arrest you. But that is almost honorable because there is a point to effort and the prize is the stolen good. In the case of “game”, you have stupid rules governing how you can handle the ball and how to arrest the progress of the one carrying it. Then if they are injured, the news is littered with poor overpaid player. Don’t even get me started on soccer.

No comments: