Friday, May 2, 2008

Feelings of Eduard Delacroix


For those of you who don’t know the movie “The Green Mile”, Eduard was a character that was to be put to death for a crime. During his extinction, he was betrayed by a nasty little cuss and then had, what was to be a clean and relatively painless death, sabotaged. I know that one person out there will think that this is a martyr’s rant but at the moment I feel like I have been strapped to my own private electric chair.

In a few days I do to do something that I am dreading. Only to find out, the night before my brother’s wedding, I have had my brother take a large sum of money from me, the will I had left in his care not actioned and placed in a situation that would have ruined my other bother’s wedding if I didn’t restrain myself.

I am now faced with trying not to let a friend down and am feel the shame of not being able to help. I am going on a trip which is akin to the sabotaged execution mentioned above and all because I have trusted unconditionally. A slap in the face I have been wearing time and again and expected to cope with, where others do not seem to realize that I know the truth behind things and want to carry on as if I didn’t. Like the false face of Percy, I have let on that I have known only to be greeted with lies in return.

So to be prepared, in the event of my switch being thrown, to those I have said, “I love you”, it was always sincere and never a throw away string of words. To those I have offended, I apologize. To those who have taken from me, I wish you find joy in your hollow lives.

I have tried to atone for my wrongs and if that is not enough, I did my best.

No comments: