Monday, March 3, 2008

Recording Expletives Can Save Your Sanity

Today’s mobile phones have a plethora of gadgets that take ages to explore. One such function of my phone, (which I have owned for over a year now) is a voice recorder. Last weekend I used it to record a verse that I imitate in bad humor. It is a set of expletives directed to a dog. If you herd it not knowing the context is sounds racist.

Having met the author of the verse, over the weekend, I took the time to ask him to recite his verse for me. Though bemused at such a request he did and not knowing the device that well had set it as my ring tone. It gave me a quizzical look when I heard the expletives while driving.

I later learned it to be a means to keep your sanity when having repetitive useless ramble aimed at you. Play the little recording and people tend to not talk to you anymore and look at you shocked. I can honestly say that it saved my sanity.

No comments: